FLOSS Project Planets

KDE HIG: Search refined

Planet KDE - Fri, 2014-07-04 05:09

The search pattern was analyzed, discussed and finally added to the KDE HIG. We outline the concept by means of modified KMail.

Keep on reading: KDE HIG: Search refined

Categories: FLOSS Project Planets

KDevelop 4.7.0 Beta 1 Released

Planet KDE - Fri, 2014-07-04 04:54

Hey all,

just a quick announcement: KDevelop 4.7.0 Beta 1 was released! Head over to the announcement on the KDevelop website to read more:


Cheers, see you soon with a KDevelop 4.7.0 stable release :)

Categories: FLOSS Project Planets

What’s new in KF5 porting script

Planet KDE - Fri, 2014-07-04 03:48

As I started to port KDEPIM* to KF5, I started to create script perl to help us to port to KF5.

Theses scripts as in git repository “git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kde-dev-scripts” in kf5 directory.

I created new script:

- convert-ksavefile.pl converts KSaveFile to QSaveFile
- convert-ksharedptr.pl convert KSharedPtr to QExplicitlySharedDataPointer
- convert-ksplashscreen.pl converts KSplashScreen to QSplashScreen

- convert-kimageio.pl converts to QImageIO
- convert-kglobal-removeAcceleratorMarker.pl helps to convert KGlobal::removeAcceleratorMarker(…)

- port-kauthactions.pl, it tries to port to new KAuth API

- adapt_knewstuff3_includes.pl, fix new knewstuff3 include path

So now we have 39 scripts to help us to port to KF5.

Becareful compiles each time after apply a script because they are not perfect

Report bugs about them please

PS: When you port a class which can be automate please create a script or send me info to create script. Thanks a lot it will help all kde dev.

Categories: FLOSS Project Planets
Syndicate content